Are you that person who has the technical knowhow but does not want to work in a corporate environment? Always thought about creating your own business but never knew where to start? This is your chance…
One of our entrepreneurs is looking for a co-founder that shares the same passion of breakthrough technologies and gets excited by solving inefficiencies in industries like healthcare, retail or banking. Do you have a get shit done attitude, a growth mentality and do you want to stay ahead of the technology curve?
If your answer is yes, meet Mehmet:
- A passionate entrepreneur with experience in different sides of the business; growth marketing, funding and recruitment in several sectors;
- Experienced in supporting 12 early-stage startups hands-on in business development;
- Believes in optimization of inefficiencies;
- Loves to create an enjoyable work environment; focusses on the experience instead of calling it a job;
- Values directness and being humble;
- He is a long-term thinker which helps him to see the big picture but at the same time, this is one of his weaknesses as being a perfectionist;
- Interests: Robotic Process Automation, AI, SaaS;
- Lived in 7 different countries.
Do you think you are the ying to the yang? Check the info below and reach out to Mehmet or Lisan.
A bit about Holland Startup…
Holland Startup, an Utrecht-based venture builder, was founded in 2014 to help young entrepreneurs succeed and overcome the pitfalls of venture building. Since then, we have become the specialist in the design, incubation, acceleration and active operational support of digital companies and their founders. Our core philosophy is “Enabling young entrepreneurs to shape our society”. For the next 5 years, we aim to help 50 entrepreneurs build 25 companies, focusing on themes such as a healthier society, an educated world, financial empowerment, and logistics. We love business models that are disruptive to stodgy old industries, or that are validated outside of Europe but not yet available in Europe. Since its inception in 2014, Holland Startup has invested in 8 startups. We are a diverse, international team of 36, dedicated to finding repeatable and scalable business models that can change the world for the better!
As a co-founder, it will be your primary task to validate and build a startup. Holland Startup builds teams of two co-founders that validate and build startups using a standardized process, allowing us to move from ideation to scaling in 300 days. We offer:
- A challenging, full-time (>40 hours) position as co-founder of a startup;
- Ownership from scratch: shaping and pivoting a high-level idea into an actual proof of concept and ultimately an MVP (minimal viable product);
- A research grant while building a startup;
- An extensive network, access to relevant expertise and in-depth guidance;
- Incorporating a company and getting backed by venture capital (and their support team) at Holland Startup;
- A warm and vibrant startup community at our headquarters in Utrecht’s city center, where your startup will be based. We place trust and confidence in our co-founders.
What we are looking for
- A great teammate: you flourish when you work in a competent and harmonious team. Your fellow co-founder is your partner in crime;
- Entrepreneurial drive: recognizing market opportunities and considering them in a businesslike manner. You’re open, curious, investigative and you have a positive mindset. You’re willing to take on the role of a pioneer and explore unknown avenues to achieve business advantage;
- Drafting and executing plans: hands-on and experience in handling projects independently is what defines you. You’re decisive and willing to act, but are always maintaining flexibility to adapt plans according to new insights, changing circumstances, tasks, responsibilities and people;
- Networking: you’re naturally strong at building and maintaining relationships with partners and customers; you’re a people’s person and have excellent social skills to make effective use of informal networks;
- Analytically strong: you’re a star at identifying problems, recognizing significant information, making connections between data, tracing possible causes of problems, investigating relevant data;
- Innovative thinking: you are visionary and not afraid to think big. It’s time to come up with some brand new ideas that can change the future!
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Data Science , AI or a related field);
- Are comfortable having detailed technical discussions with data scientists and engineers;
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken (Dutch is a pre);
- Have 3-7 years of relevant work experience, most ideally as a Software Engineer or Product Manager in tech start-ups or in a multinational tech company like Booking.com;
- Have a valid work permit ;
- Live in the Netherlands, preferably close to Utrecht, or are in the position to move on short notice.
Interested in this position? Send your application, containing your resume and a motivational letter to Lisan Boerrigter via email@example.com or reach out to Mehmet directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to attend 3 interviews in person at our office.
We highly encourage entrepreneurial women to apply. We value diversity at Holland Startup!